|Division||Social Sciences Division|
|Affiliations||South Asia Studies, |
|Web Site|| Interdisciplinary development working group (IDWG)|
Atlas of Global Inequalities
UC Atlas of Global Inequality
|Office||203 College Eight|
|Office Hours||Tues. & Thurs. 10:30am to Noon and by appointment. Send an email the day before coming.|
|Campus Mail Stop||College Eight Faculty Services|
|1156 High St|
Santa Cruz, CA
Water, global inequalities, development, sustainabilty.
Biography, Education and Training
B.Sc., Polytechnic of Central London
Ph.D., University of Edinburgh
Honors, Awards and Grants
2004 "Dragon Slayer Award." University of California, Santa Cruz Academic Senate, Committee on Committees.
2005 'Hero of the Academic Senate' UCSC Academic Senate Committee on Committees.
- Santa Cruz Declaration on the Global Water Crisis
- Goff, Matt and Ben Crow (2014) What is water equity? The unfortunate consequences of a global focus on 'drinking water'. Water International
- Crow, Ben, Brent Swallow and Isabella Asamba (2011 online). Community organized household water increases rural incomes, but also men’s work. World Development.
- Ben Crow and Edmond Odaba (2010) Access to water in a Nairobi slum: women's work and institutional learning.' Water International, November.
- Ben Crow, James Davis, Susan Paterson, Julio Miles (2013) "Using GPS and recall to understand water collection in Kenyan informal settlements" Water international.
- Crow, Ben and Suresh Lodha (2011). Atlas of Global Inequalities. University of California Press.
- Crow, Ben and Nirvikar Singh. 'The Management of International Rivers as Demands Grow and Supplies Tighten: India, China, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh.' India Review, July 2009.
- Crow, Ben (2001). Markets, Class and Social Change: Trading Networks and Poverty in Rural South Asia. New York and London: Palgrave-Macmillan.
Sociology of development.
Nature,Poverty and Progress: Dilemmas of Environment and Development.
Sociology of water.
Famine and Hunger.