- Jan 13
- Retro Policies and Ongoing Fights: Thinking the Present through HIV Activisms Then and Now
- Jan 24
- Wiring Gaia at the Water-Energy Nexus: Indigenous Water Guardians and Decolonizing Water Science
- Feb 2
- Inside a Technology of Prediction: Race, Risk, and Speculative Knowledge
- Feb 17
- DEMOCRATIZING THE GREEN CITY: sustainability and the affordable housing crisis
- January 20, 2017Teach-in strengthens solidarity, activism
- January 9, 2017Axel Alonso: Diversity’s superhero
- December 1, 2016Post-Election Effects 2016: Media, Research, Resources, Events
SOCIOLOGY AT UCSC
At UC Santa Cruz, we take scholarly leaps into the dynamics of social action: agency and governance, politics and mediation, identity and difference, social justice and ethics, democracy and sustainability, technologies and environment, affect and politics.
For sociologists at UC Santa Cruz, these transgressive modes of research open new frontiers for research, new intersections for theory building and new possibilities for change.
Our research works to change the way people commonly understand the social and physical world in ways that move toward greater social justice. We need your help to improve our programs and expand our reach. Your gift makes all the difference. Find out ways to show your support »